Today, I am starting this block to record and share my journey of building and customising a new LP5.1 platform with all of you.
To build a new dev LP5.1 with highly customised web interface, automated user provisioning process with external AD/LDAP/IM application, and highly independent service oriented portal framework to support portlet channels (based on current own framework and uPortal / JSP modle 2 channels).
3 tier install on Redhat VM in parallel deployment, with a DB in Oracle server.
Sharing LP LDAP with Banner XE
Where I am:
I have built the platform of LP5.1 -- upgrade approach. I have a working platform now and going to complete the following tasks.
1. EAS on CAS
2. User provisioning
3. Web layout/interface/style customization / re-design
4. Banner Integration CAS configuration
5. CAS configuration for Banner XE
6. re-write framework with Spring
7. re-write channels as portlets
8. testing: load test, UAT, etc.
I will write down all the issues / errors / solutions I have. Welcome to any comments / ideas / suggestions and help.
Thanks for reading