As a continuation of my introduction post, here are some of the modifications/additions/integrations we have done to our Luminis portal. Some are meant to serve mainly as ideas for things you can do. I know our biggest problem wasn't coding changes..but thinking of worthwhile mods/services. I can provide code/direction for some of them so feel free to ask if you are interested. I will post what documentation I have shortly.
For the items that say "(you can see in our guest portal)" here is the access information.
Some of the pieces are working but it is mostly screenshots. I assure you there is a lot more code under the working version. It should give a good idea of what we are doing though.
I know I'll forget some things..but heres a list of some of the things we have done. Let me know which ones anyone is interested in and I'll try and write up some documentation. Again, some of these will be presented at SCT Summit in Hawaii so check it out if you are going to be there.
- Tab Tracking - uses any weblog analyzer to show a log of which tabs are being clicked on
- Link Tracking - same as above but for tracking individual links
- Code/method to allow any page to open under the Luminis header. Makes it look like the "My Courses" or Self Service pages with the "Back to XXX tab" link at the top.
- Ability to put SCT Self Services (Web-For) links anywhere in the portal. (Don't have to go through all the clicks through "Adminstrative Services")
- Modifications to the top right icon bar. Add icons, change links, change icons (you can see in our guest portal)
- Front end to TMS so users can submit .csv lists or paste in a list of ID's instead of a POPSEL to send a Targeted announcement.
- CPIP "identify" connectors written in JSP, Coldfusion, and PHP with some security code built in. I'm not a security expert so I'd love some help with these.
- Backup script that puts Luminis into hot-backup mode and makes filesystem and "command" backups using every possible export method I could find. I was sick of backing up one way and having Pipeline/SCT say that I really should have done it this way when we had to recover something. This script is addition to nightly incremental/Sunday full backups. Might be overkill but I've been bitten too many times before.
- Flash-based "How to use channels" tour (you can see in our guest portal)
- Mini content management system to allow identified units/users on campus put informational "snippets" into the center column of any of the major tabs. (you can see in our guest portal)
- Workshop registration system for employee and student workshops, seminars, orientations, etc.