Grand Rapids, Michigan
|TITLE OF POSITION:||Web Application Developer|
|DEPARTMENT:||Information Technology Services|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Web and Media Services|
The Web Application Developer’s primary role is to work as a member of the Web and Media Services Team, maintaining the University’s Web presence utilizing the tools most needed for specific applications. This can include, but is not limited to JSP, Microsoft .NET, Java, PHP and AJAX. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission and vision.
- Develop dynamic Web based applications as needed using the platform decided upon at project startup.
- Develop portal channels for Luminis portal as needed, utilizing JSP technology, or other platforms decided upon at project startup.
- Author SQL stored procedures (and SQL statements) to support web applications, using standards-compliant Microsoft SQL-Server or Oracle PL/SQL as needs dictate.
- Document all applications in a manner consistent with other web team applications.
- Assist in administration of University web and portal servers as needed.
- Work closely to implement standardized testing and bug-resolution procedures for applications developed by Web and Media Services team.
- Work closely with end-users to develop, implement and maintain the University web site.
- Provide training on software for Customer Support Center and Campus Level Support team members as needed.
- Track recurring problems and recommend/implement solutions.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure resolution of problem and complete customer satisfaction.
- Serve on appropriate ITS teams and committees.
- Provide GREAT service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Attend ITS team meetings as needed.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 plus years of web programming/sever administration experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years experience coding in ASP environment.
- Experience coding in a JSP environment preferred.
- Experience coding custom channels for Luminis portal software preferred.
- Experience with administering IIS, Apache and/or SunOne web server preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience on development projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, develop goals, and meet deadlines successfully.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the university.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
- Must be able to provide exceptional customer service at all times.
Business office environment. Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain). Occasional travel between locations required (own transportation). No regular lifting requirements, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Resumes will be accepted until October 13, 2006.
- Qualified candidates are invited to forward their cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to: E-mail: email@example.com
- No Phone Calls Please
DAVENPORT UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER