This is an immediate opening in the greater Charlotte, NC area. The position is a 3 month Contract to Perm opening, and my company is exclusively staffing this position. All applicants please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Brian at 704-357-3177. Thank you very much for your interest, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Java Development and Portal Integration
About the Position:
Web Services is responsible for overseeing entire web presence; including develop and maintain web policies/standards; Provide technical guidance for integration of other university technologies into the web; Research and development to maintain an effective and efficient web and portal presence; Provide guidance in the use of templates and standards for content management; and coordination with Server Administration to maintain web servers and related web systems. Training and support of these systems on a technical level will be provided as well, coordinating with Help Desk support as needed The primary focus of the Web Services section of ITS is to provide campus-wide web solutions and support.
The primary purpose of this position in the Web Services group is to provide high level, comprehensive consultative and technical support services for all users of the University in the area of Java Development, XML/XSL/XSLT, and general UNIX development experience. This position is also focused on Portal Integration Services which covers a broad level of technologies including interfacing with Banner API systems. This is an advanced level position aimed at providing comprehensive, integrated support in planning, analysis, and technical services to users and departments campus-wide. The work performed by this individual is characteristically highly complex and involves extensive analytical, problem solving, and process/system design skills as well as extensive knowledge and proficiency in a broad range of Web and information technologies. In-depth knowledge and understanding of the client's needs is essential, and is typically gained through extensive information gathering and analysis.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, or Behaviors:
Candidates need to have the following skills sets:
1. Required: Previous SunGaurd Luminis Portal Experience preferred (http://www.sungardhe.com/products/product.aspx?id=1042)
2. Required: Application development experience in JSR-168 Portlet Specification and/or channel development using Java
3. Required: Experiencing building and validating XML/XSL/XSLT as well as HTML markup.
4. Required: Strong comfort level in using Unix/Solaris command line
5. Required: Clear and articulate Communication skills.
6. Preferred: Strong Visual layout and usability experience with portals, intranets, and extranets.
7. Preferred: Energetic personality with strong interpersonal skills
8. Preferred: Previous University experience working with ERP systems a plus.
9. Preferred: Experience in Database connectivity with Oracle 9i/10g a plus