To apply for this position go to www.jobs.lcc.edu
Reports to the Director of Enterprise Systems, Information Technology Services Division. Manages and Administers the LCC Portal team responsible for the LCC Portal and Content Management System (migrating from Oracle to Luminis Platform), and all it associated integrations. The portal is one of LCC's primary communication vehicles to the Students, Faculty, and Staff. It utilizes tabs and channels ("portlets") to customize the experience for each group to make every visit as efficient and productive as possible. In addition, the portal provides integration and single sign-on functionality to many other LCC applications, including the Banner ERP system. Assists with portal related Help Desk tickets, and participates in the testing and implementation of related systems patches and upgrades.
Bachelors degree; 5 years experience in Portal Development, design, administration; Proficiency in portal development tools including, but not limited to, HTML, XHTML, PL/SQL, Java, XML, XSL, XSLT, HTTP(s) protocol; Knowledge of HTTP authentication and session management; Proficiency in designing, developing, and supporting the integration between Banner ERP and an portlet (i.e. Luminis Platform)Proficiency in web server management tasks; Solid understanding of database structures and how to query databases; Proficient in working with command-line utilities; Proficiency in configuring a Message Broker, especially for the Luminis Platform; Proficiency in configuring a Learning Management Gateway (LMG), especially for the Luminis Platform; strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment as well as individually; experience in working cooperatively with others in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage and lead the LCC Portal Team by assigning, coordinating, tracking, and ensuring completion of projects / tasks, and approving work hours and leave time. Also will be the first point of contact for issue resolution related to the LCC Portal.
2. Ensure that the Director of Enterprise Systems is kept fully informed of the status of all Portal related projects and tasks.
3. Responsible for ensuring that all Portal standards are adhered to by the Portal Team.
4. Create, maintain, and update the College's portal. Duties include designing the layout of the site, setting up the pages and activating links, oversee the creation of content for the pages, adapting and editing existing content to a portal format, creating and maintaining the logical structure of the site. This requires continuous consultation with college personnel and external organizations to analyze and define system specifications / requirements.
5. Communicate effectively with ITS technical staff to integrate the College's portal with the new technology systems.
6. Work collaboratively with the College's web administrator to integrate the College's portal with the College's public web site.
7. Actively participate in Collage-wide web advisory groups that provide input to help establish long-range objectives of the site, enhance the site by sharing best practices, and establish standards and guidelines for content.
8. Investigate and resolve problems with new and existing portlets, channels, tabs, style sheets, templates, and integrations. Develop maintain, and provide solutions designed to facilitate automated processes.
9. Ensure the Portal Team continuously develops and maintains the ITS knowledge base with Portal related system documentation, procedures, etc.
10. Establish criteria and procedures for the testing and configuration of portal upgrades and patches to ensure that all requirements are being met
$47,395 - $56,836
Job Closed Date:
Open until filled