I'm working on a shoutbox program written in php, and would like to grab the user's name, rather then have them type something in a text field. Does anyone know of a way to get the user information from the session? I was thinking that I could grab the name using a jsp page first, then pass that as a parameter to the php page. I looked at the welcome message, but I can't get it to display when I just take the snippet to a different page. Anyone have any ideas? This is a step towards several other programs we need, but have to get the user information figured out before I can continue.
You are here
Active forum topics
- JDK SSL Limit 2 days 7 hours ago
- Solved 1 week 2 days ago
- Luminis 5.3 and Search 3 weeks 1 day ago
- Luminis 5.3 and Search 3 weeks 3 days ago
- I found the jars on the linux machine 1 month 5 days ago
- I am interested in your 1 month 1 week ago
- announcement query 1 month 2 weeks ago
- It's funny how things like 1 month 3 weeks ago
- luminis to ssb connectivity 2 months 4 days ago
- Luminis5 CAS and Shibboleth Integration 2 months 3 weeks ago
- Ajit Singh
There are currently 0 users online.
Hack Your Knowledge
Recent blog posts
- Portal position at Lehigh University
- CMS with Luminis 5?
- CMS with Luminis V?
- Luminis 5 Performance
- Editing the Academic Profile Channel
- total n00b trying to install Luminis 5.x
- Luminis will not log in properly
- Classified Ads for LP5?
- GCF connector pickup.reponse not deauthenticating
What feature of your institution's portal do you like the best?
Graphics / theme
Email / calendar
Student system integration
Layout or organization of content
Some specific channel / portlet (see comments)
You totally missed something (again see comments)
Total votes: 38