I'm working on a shoutbox program written in php, and would like to grab the user's name, rather then have them type something in a text field. Does anyone know of a way to get the user information from the session? I was thinking that I could grab the name using a jsp page first, then pass that as a parameter to the php page. I looked at the welcome message, but I can't get it to display when I just take the snippet to a different page. Anyone have any ideas? This is a step towards several other programs we need, but have to get the user information figured out before I can continue.
You are here
Active forum topics
- Does anyone have a work 4 days 6 hours ago
- thanks 1 week 1 day ago
- Lock down home community pages 1 week 1 day ago
- SSB URL Encoder 1 week 4 days ago
- same issue 1 week 5 days ago
- CAS does support fallthrough 4 weeks 1 day ago
- Initializing caching service ERROR on portal server 1 month 1 day ago
- Legacy vs. import-generated LMS objects 1 month 1 day ago
- Thanks much, this is 1 month 2 days ago
- Scratch that 1 month 2 days ago
There are currently 0 users online.
Hack Your Knowledge
Recent blog posts
- Syntax Highlighting Now Available on Lumdev
- WebServlet - status: rejected, clientid
- Lumdev Celebrates 10 years today!
- Link Tracking using Google Analytics
- Dissapointed with Ellucian Portal for Banner
- Luminis IV -- How To Create An Account With A Password That Never Expires
- How to move Icons left?
- Goodbye Luminis
- Lum5 PHP Login Name
- DMZ setting for luminis 4 and 5?
What feature of your institution's portal do you like the best?
Graphics / theme
Email / calendar
Student system integration
Layout or organization of content
Some specific channel / portlet (see comments)
You totally missed something (again see comments)
Total votes: 34