I'm working on a shoutbox program written in php, and would like to grab the user's name, rather then have them type something in a text field. Does anyone know of a way to get the user information from the session? I was thinking that I could grab the name using a jsp page first, then pass that as a parameter to the php page. I looked at the welcome message, but I can't get it to display when I just take the snippet to a different page. Anyone have any ideas? This is a step towards several other programs we need, but have to get the user information figured out before I can continue.
You are here
Active forum topics
- It doesn't need to be a frame 1 day 3 hours ago
- Frames and SSO Manager 1 day 20 hours ago
- FERPA and policies 3 days 1 hour ago
- major channel 1 week 2 days ago
- Oh, a separate server to 1 week 2 days ago
- Multiple coding components 2 weeks 2 days ago
- HTTPGradeExchangeRelay 2 weeks 2 days ago
- Same 2 weeks 3 days ago
- iPerson Object 2 weeks 3 days ago
- Purging LP5 user accounts via LDIPERSON xml 2 weeks 3 days ago
There are currently 0 users online.
Hack Your Knowledge
Recent blog posts
- Classified Ads for LP5?
- GCF connector pickup.reponse not deauthenticating
- Portlets.com - We Don't Make Luminis 5, We Make It Better! :)
- Need to change Email text
- So Lost with BEIS
- Syntax Highlighting Now Available on Lumdev
- WebServlet - status: rejected, clientid
- Lumdev Celebrates 10 years today!
- Link Tracking using Google Analytics
What feature of your institution's portal do you like the best?
Graphics / theme
Email / calendar
Student system integration
Layout or organization of content
Some specific channel / portlet (see comments)
You totally missed something (again see comments)
Total votes: 35