I'm working on a shoutbox program written in php, and would like to grab the user's name, rather then have them type something in a text field. Does anyone know of a way to get the user information from the session? I was thinking that I could grab the name using a jsp page first, then pass that as a parameter to the php page. I looked at the welcome message, but I can't get it to display when I just take the snippet to a different page. Anyone have any ideas? This is a step towards several other programs we need, but have to get the user information figured out before I can continue.
You are here
Active forum topics
- Position is still available 6 days 19 hours ago
- clarification 1 month 2 days ago
- ran the re-index yesterday! 1 month 3 days ago
- LP5 performance 1 month 3 weeks ago
- api 1 month 3 weeks ago
- API? 1 month 3 weeks ago
- Thank you 1 month 3 weeks ago
- Can be copied from the web page 1 month 3 weeks ago
- Would you be willing share 1 month 3 weeks ago
- Realize it's been a long time 1 month 4 weeks ago
There are currently 0 users online.
Hack Your Knowledge
Recent blog posts
- Luminis 5 Performance
- Editing the Academic Profile Channel
- total n00b trying to install Luminis 5.x
- Luminis will not log in properly
- Classified Ads for LP5?
- GCF connector pickup.reponse not deauthenticating
- Portlets.com - We Don't Make Luminis 5, We Make It Better! :)
- Need to change Email text
What feature of your institution's portal do you like the best?
Graphics / theme
Email / calendar
Student system integration
Layout or organization of content
Some specific channel / portlet (see comments)
You totally missed something (again see comments)
Total votes: 37