I'm working on a shoutbox program written in php, and would like to grab the user's name, rather then have them type something in a text field. Does anyone know of a way to get the user information from the session? I was thinking that I could grab the name using a jsp page first, then pass that as a parameter to the php page. I looked at the welcome message, but I can't get it to display when I just take the snippet to a different page. Anyone have any ideas? This is a step towards several other programs we need, but have to get the user information figured out before I can continue.
You are here
Active forum topics
- load balancer session timeout 3 days 14 hours ago
- My issue turned out to be 3 days 14 hours ago
- My 5.1.1 installation, it 3 days 14 hours ago
- Luminis PDK 3 days 16 hours ago
- New theme 3 days 18 hours ago
- CAS and INB - BEIS SSO Manager 5 days 12 hours ago
- Service or Session Timeout? 5 days 12 hours ago
- CAS and INB 5 days 20 hours ago
- Banner authentication to AD 5 days 22 hours ago
- Creating non-Banner users in LP5 5 days 22 hours ago
There are currently 0 users online.
Hack Your Knowledge
Recent blog posts
- BANNER Authentication to CAS
- Update JSVC / use java agents with Luminis 4.3?
- User role history in Luminis
- Lumdev Update
- Evernote Web Clipper issue with Targeted Announcements
- External CAS server setup
- blackboard sso with auto-signon building block
- SAML 2.0
- Why is luminis 5 better than 4?
- Kronos/Argos CPIP
What feature of your institution's portal do you like the best?
Graphics / theme
Email / calendar
Student system integration
Layout or organization of content
Some specific channel / portlet (see comments)
You totally missed something (again see comments)
Total votes: 32