I noticed today that internet explorer 8 was not displaying a couple inline frames in our portal.
Hitting the compatibility mode button made them display. So I searched and found a sungard faq/solution, putting the meta tag in nested-tables for IE=EmulateIE7 would force all visiting IE8 users into the compatibility mode.
It didn't work. IE=7 IE=5 didn't work also.
I next tried to grab the CInlineFrame.java file from a version of uportal that has a fix in place. The central problem isn't with ie8. The problem is that CInlineFrame.java has browser version checks in it.
I couldn't get it to compile. I'm not that great with java though:), so someone might be able to do that.
What I finally did, was google and found this:
Change both the CInlineFrame/noIframe.xsl lines to CInlineFrame/Iframe.xsl. You can leave the noIframeSupport title in place though.
And presto, Inline frames 'work' in ie8 again.